Why Are Organizations Migrating?
Most enterprises have 20+ year-old systems with complex and redundant architectures
Old messaging environments are very brittle and require constant maintenance, support, and monitoring
Messaging infrastructures need to be resilient & fast
Commercial, on-prem message brokers and monitoring tools are expensive
- Analysis of usage patterns
- Review messaging technologies & environments
- Review application landscape
- Leverage the Cedrus MQ Discovery Tool
- Determine the MVP
Migrate MVP / POC
- Create Amazon MQ Broker with client’s account
- Work with client to obtain connectivity to AWS
- Migrate a representative application(s)
- Document migration process
- Review Technical Architectural Requirements (Security, HA/Failover/DR, Monitoring)
- Detailed review of messaging app interdependencies
- Detailed review of complete messaging footprint
- Identify phases of migration and ability to have hybrid approach
- Create and Configure Amazon MQ Production Environment
- Complete Phased Approach to migrating Applications
- Testing and Validation
Cedrus MQ Discovery Tool
This tool is a Node.js, Yeoman generator that calculates the complexity of migrating a client application from commercial brokers to Amazon MQ in seconds. It derives this complexity by detecting code patterns throughout files available in client projects. New patterns can be added and configured easily. The MQ Discovery Tool will produce a file that summarizes:
– The complexity of migrating the project and how long it takes on average.
– The details on the complexity of migrating every client file and the MQ coding patterns detected in each one.
Migrating Commercial Brokers To Amazon MQ!
A complete guide created by AWS & Cedrus
Ready to get started with you migration?